This page provides a selection of my (mostly current) teaching-related activities.
- Lecturer of the master course Social Network Analysis for Computer Scientists (yearly since fall 2014).
- Lecturer of the master course Competitive Programming (spring 2020, spring 2022).
- Lecturer of the bachelor course Business Intelligence (later: Data Science) and Process Modelling (spring 2015-2021).
- Lecturer of the doctoral course Social Network Analysis at King’s College London (together with Eelke Heemskerk, fall 2015-2019)
- I recently learned that I am nominated (top three) for the “LUS Onderwijsprijs 2023”, a yearly teaching award of Leiden University.
- From September 2022 onwards, I am director of education of the LIACS bachelor programmes Informatica (Computer Science) and Data Science & Artificial Intelligence.
- From November 2018 to March 2022, I was chair of the education committee (“opleidingscommissie”) of the BSc Informatica programme.
- Since 2018, I am involved in the EU Erasmus+ project on curriculum development in artificial intelligence and data science.
- As part of my fellowship of the Leiden Teacher’s Academy (LTA), in September 2018 I started a project on collaborative learning from (code) peer reviews.
- From 2017 to 2018, I served as the coordinator of the Minor Data Science.
- I am extremely grateful for the students that elected me Faculty of Science Teacher of the Year 2016. Thanks!
You can always come to me with your ideas for a bachelor or master project or thesis related to my research interest, such as network science, social network analysis, complex networks, graph mining, graph algorithms, etc.
A list of previous students can be found below.
- Bachelor students: Vincent Sieraal (2017), Erik Soelaksana (2017), Heleen van Sonsbeek (2018), Mitch Angenent (2019), Robert Blinde (2019), Michael Bosch (2019), Yven Lommen (2020), Bram Honig (2020), Cem Sevingil (2021), Koen Hagen (2021), Lonneke Lommers (2022), Tristan Dieles (2022), Zoë Abhelakh (2023).
- Master students: Giso Dal (2013), Jiahong Chen (2015), Mahya Mirtar (2015), Richard Enyinnaya (2016), Shuo Yang (2016), Roberto Lucchese (2016), Govert Brinkmann (2016), Boyd Witte (2017), Niek Zuure (2017), Toms Reksna (2017), Haoran Ding (2017), Jesper van Engelen (2017), Xavyr Rademaker (2018), Kristi Qato (2018), Alain Fonhof (2018), Nick van den Bosch (2018), Thomas Helling (2018), Lars Hopman (2019), Prashand Ramesar (2019), Geerten Verweij (2019), Mohamed Barbouch (2019), Hanjo Boekhout (2020), Niek Buwalda (2020), Simon van Wageningen (2020), Dennis Roos (2020), Jingsen Chen (2021), Martijn Vlak (2021), Mona Matar (2021), Rachel de Jong (2021), Philippe Bors (2022), Bart de Zoete (2022), Bogdan Aioanei (2023), Yven Lommen (2023), Marton Menyhert (2023), Alireza Samiei (2023), Emilio Sanchez Olivares (2023), Xinyue Xie (2023).