This page gives an overview of my teaching activities, which mostly concern courses, lectures, masterclasses and student supervision.
Courses and lectures
- Lecturer of the master course Social Network Analysis for Computer Scientists (yearly since fall 2014).
- Lecturer of the master course Competitive Programming (starting spring 2019).
- Lecturer of the bachelor course Business Intelligence and Process Modelling (yearly since spring 2015).
- Lecturer of the doctoral course Social Network Analysis at King’s College London (together with Eelke Heemskerk, yearly since fall 2015).
- Guest lectures for different courses, masterclasses at various occasions, lunch colloquia, industry events and university promotional activities on many topics, including applied skills such as HTML/CSS, PHP/MySQL and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as well as related to my research: Mining Big Corporate Network Data, Network Science, Social Network Analysis, Social Network Mining and Big Data and Data Science and Network Science (some slide decks may contain outdated information).
You can always come to me with your ideas for a bachelor or master project or thesis related to my research interest, such as computational network science, social network analysis, graph algorithms, etc.
- Bachelor thesis supervisor of Vincent Sieraal (2017), Erik Soelaksana (2017), Heleen van Sonsbeek (2018).
- Master research project supervisor of Giso Dal (2013), Roberto Lucchese (2015), Govert Brinkmann (2016), Nick van den Bosch (2017), Jesper van Engelen (2017), Hanjo Boekhout (2018).
- Master thesis supervisor of Jiahong Chen (2015), Mahya Mirtar (2015), Richard Enyinnaya (2016), Shuo Yang (2016), Roberto Lucchese (2016), Boyd Witte (2017), Niek Zuure (2017), Toms Reksna (2017), Haoran Ding (2017), Xavyr Rademaker (2018).